Construction
Construction Phase Reconstruction
Description of construction 35-In its current form, the church does not save any architectural element of the prior (or earlier) phases and was entirely rebuilt in the years 1967-1973. The previous church was built of stone and followed the architectural style of the basilica, with a single pitched roof. On the west side there was definitely a loft, which probably extended along the length of church over the side aisles and ended in chapels. The outside view of the church was decorated with arches, at least in the niche. Its construction was completed in 1835 and the painting in 1865. The woodcut Episcopal throne, a proskinitario, the icons of the iconostasis, smaller icons and the candelabra of an older temple survive from the 19th century. In the candelabra there is a votive inscription.
Related Person Stavroula Dadaki
Related Institution / Workshop 15th Ephorate of Byzantine Antiquities
Holy Diocese of Neapolis and Stavroupolis
Date of construction
2013 AD
Historical period Contemporary
Surrounding built environment 36-In its current form, the church does not save any architectural element of the prior (or earlier) phases and was entirely rebuilt in the years 1967-1973. The previous church was built of stone and followed the architectural style of the basilica, with a single pitched roof. On the west side there was definitely a loft, which probably extended along the length of church over the side aisles and ended in chapels. The outside view of the church was decorated with arches, at least in the niche. Its construction was completed in 1835 and the painting in 1865. The woodcut Episcopal throne, a proskinitario, the icons of the iconostasis, smaller icons and the candelabra of an older temple survive from the 19th century. In the candelabra there is a votive inscription.
Construction technique 37-In its current form, the church does not save any architectural element of the prior (or earlier) phases and was entirely rebuilt in the years 1967-1973. The previous church was built of stone and followed the architectural style of the basilica, with a single pitched roof. On the west side there was definitely a loft, which probably extended along the length of church over the side aisles and ended in chapels. The outside view of the church was decorated with arches, at least in the niche. Its construction was completed in 1835 and the painting in 1865. The woodcut Episcopal throne, a proskinitario, the icons of the iconostasis, smaller icons and the candelabra of an older temple survive from the 19th century. In the candelabra there is a votive inscription.
Architectural type 38-testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest
Construction materials Straw
Gypsum
State of completion 39-testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest
Digital representation
Notes 40