Short Description
Short Description The “Sts. Cosmas and Damianos” church was built in 1861. This is proved by an inscription above the entrance door. The piece of land, on which it was built, had been donated by the Popovski family from St. Vrach village (today’s town of Sandanski ). Initially, church books in Greek were introduced into the service, and after 1871 – in church-slavonic. A special room for school purposes was built up in its porch in 1875. In 1997, the church along with the area around it was renewed.
The church represents a three-nave basilica with small, square windows on the southern and eastern walls. The roofs are casetted and flat with attractive board applications over the central nave. The woman’s section is defined in the western part. The wood carved iconostasis together with the Royal Gates and the Crucifixion are objects of a great value.