Record Elements print all
Record ID CRID:18
Type of record Single Monument
Date of record 03-11-2012
Registrar Natasa Michailidou
Rights for record
Notes -


Main Monument Table
Monument type Immovable Monument
Monument Code CHURCH0011
Monument Name St. Athanasios in N.Magnesia
Related Institution Holy Diocese of Neapolis and Stavroupolis
Location Name N.Magnesia in Thessaloniki
Date of construction
1977 AD
Short Description Arapli was located on the east side of the Gallikos river bed; it was originally a village and later a Turkish manor. In around 1860 the old church of St. Athanasius was erected, a three-aisled wooden-roofed basilica with a porch on its west side (relevant photos still survive). The church presented static problems. It was demolished in 1974, when the new homonymous parish church had already been founded (1968) and inaugurated a few years later (1977). In the modern church some of the relics of the original church are kept. In 1922 refugees from Magnesia in Asia Minor settled in the area.




Monument Classification
Monument type Immovable Monument
Monument type according to form
Monument type according to use
Monument type according to construction
Monument type according to location
Architectural type
Notes




Code
Code CHURCH0011
Other Codes
Source / Origin




Name
Monument Name St. Athanasios in N.Magnesia
Source / Origin




Institution
Related Institution Holy Diocese of Neapolis and Stavroupolis




Origin / Location
Location Name N.Magnesia in Thessaloniki
Address
Prefecture
Country
Coordinates Χ1
Coordinates Χ2
Coordinates Y1
Coordinates Y2
Coordinates Z1
Coordinates Z2
Meausurement Method
Measurement Accuracy
Geodetic Coordinate System
Notes
Map location




Short Description
Short Description Arapli was located on the east side of the Gallikos river bed; it was originally a village and later a Turkish manor. In around 1860 the old church of St. Athanasius was erected, a three-aisled wooden-roofed basilica with a porch on its west side (relevant photos still survive). The church presented static problems. It was demolished in 1974, when the new homonymous parish church had already been founded (1968) and inaugurated a few years later (1977). In the modern church some of the relics of the original church are kept. In 1922 refugees from Magnesia in Asia Minor settled in the area.




Construction
Construction Phase -
Description of construction
Related Person -
Related Institution / Workshop -
Date of construction
1977 AD
Historical period -
Surrounding built environment
Construction technique
Architectural type
Construction materials
State of completion
Digital representation
Notes


Testimonies
Type of testimony Written
Date of testimony
Location of testimony -
Description of testimony Informative text of N. Toutos, "The historical churches and relics of the Diocese of Neapolis and Stavroupolis. A first presentation"
Related Person Toutos N.
Related Institution -
Notes -