Monday Jul 15

  1. Basic Information
  2. Classification
  3. Identification
  4. Documentation
  5. Correlations
  6. Rights
  7. Resources

St. Nicholas church in Kovachevitsa

print all


  • Code
    Code CHURCH0044

    Other Codes
    Source / Origin




  • Name
    Monument Name St. Nicholas church in Kovachevitsa
    Source / Origin




  • Institution
    Related Institution Holy Diocese of Nevrokop


  • Group



  • Origin / Location
    Location Name Kovachevitsa
    Address
    Prefecture
    Country
    Coordinates Χ1
    Coordinates Χ2
    Coordinates Y1
    Coordinates Y2
    Coordinates Z1
    Coordinates Z2
    Meausurement Method
    Measurement Accuracy
    Geodetic Coordinate System
    Notes
    Map location




  • Short Description
    Short Description It is located in the eastern end of the village of Kovachevitsa. The building of the church started in 1841 and finished in 1847. Until then the religious rituals were held in the “St. Paraskevi” chapel, in a vicinity called Elata (the Fir tree). Some of the icons of that chapel were moved to the new church.
    The temple is designed like a three-nave basilica with a big half-round apse in the east and an open gallery in the west. Next to it, in the north-west in 1893 a 4-storied belfry and a school were erected. The buildings are surrounded by a stony masonry.
    The church was built of uncut stones, the western façade is whitewashed and the rest of the facades are grouted. The roof ledge is stony, with a complex profile. The roof is two-sloped with cut western and eastern ends, and is covered with stone tiles – so called “tikli”.


  • Measurements

  • Inscription / Mark



  • Condition State